Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Week 9 - Screen Cast

The screen cast that I made was an intro for students getting ready to use a software application from Google called Google Sketch Up. It is a free application and teachers can upgrade to the Pro version for free also. This program is a 3-D CAD (computer aided design)applications that allows you to draw three dimensionally. This screen cast teaches the students where to find tools and the basics to doing some basic construction. This would compliment my lesson in my technology class when we begin our unit on Google sketch up. I typically start out demonstrating to the students on my computer and projector, but now students could view it at their own pace or if a student was absent when I covered this info, they could simply follow the tutorial when they get back to school or home. This is great to make lessons interactive or differentiate for learners with different learning styles.

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

No comments:

Post a Comment